- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Ready for the real environment experience?
Databases are essential to organizing and understanding your data. Databases allow you to ask questions, or query your data, to find exactly what is needed. This lab is aimed at beginners who want to move beyond spreadsheets and migrate their data into a database. After completing this lab students will be able to create a basic MySQL Database in Amazon RDS, and populate it from a CSV. Additionally, students will learn how to use basic queries against their data.
- Learn and Understand Amazon RDS Concepts
- Utilizing Python to interact with a MySQL Database in Amazon RDS to ingest CSV Data
- Learn how to query our newly populated database.
This lab is intended for:
- Individuals starting out with data engineering
- Anyone interested in learning how to use a database
You should possess:
- A basic understanding of Python
To fulfill this prerequisite you can complete the Python for Beginners learning path.
Calculated Systems was founded by experts in Hadoop, Google Cloud and AWS. Calculated Systems enables code-free capture, mapping and transformation of data in the cloud based on Apache NiFi, an open source project originally developed within the NSA. Calculated Systems accelerates time to market for new innovations while maintaining data integrity. With cloud automation tools, deep industry expertise, and experience productionalizing workloads development cycles are cut down to a fraction of their normal time. The ability to quickly develop large scale data ingestion and processing decreases the risk companies face in long development cycles. Calculated Systems is one of the industry leaders in Big Data transformation and education of these complex technologies.