The hands-on lab is part of this learning path
Ready for the real environment experience?
SQL performance issues can be crippling to an application. That's why knowing how to properly troubleshoot queries and manage logging and alerting is crucial to administering an Azure SQL database. Azure provides a rich feature set for observing and alerting on performance on SQL. It also allows cloud engineers and developers to quickly scale up SQL environments with the push of a few buttons.
In this lab, you will explore optimizing a SQL query, scale a SQL Database, and configure logging and alerts for Azure SQL.
Upon completion of this Lab you will be able to:
- Create and configure logging and alerting for Azure SQL
- Understand the effects of inefficient SQL queries on performance
- Scale up an Azure SQL Database
This lab is intended for:
- Those studying for the Azure Database Administrator Associate certification
- Anyone interested in using Azure SQL
You should possess:
- Basic understanding of Azure fundamentals
- Understanding of SQL and what it is
The following content is sufficient to fulfill these prerequisites:
Luke is a Site Reliability Engineer at Microsoft. His background is infrastructure development using Terraform and in 2021 he was awarded the HashiCorp Ambassador award. He is an Azure DevOps Engineer Expert, Azure Administrator Associate, and HashiCorp Certified - Terraform Associate.