- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Ready for the real environment experience?
Azure Repos provides a suite of version control tools to host your code and files for supporting your development project. Azure Repos helps you keep track of code history, allowing you to roll back to an older snapshot of your code if you so wish. Azure Repos helps you organize your code, allows you to connect your code to your desired IDE (such as Visual Studio Code), lets you review code merges with pull requests, and much more.
In this lab, you will:
- Create a new repository
- Clone repo to an IDE
- Make a branch to make changes
- Commit changes and submit a pull request to merge to the master branch
Please be aware that this lab creates an Azure DevOps environment that can take up to fifteen minutes to become available. Please ensure you have enough time available before starting the lab.
Upon completion of this lab, you will be able to:
- Create and manage repository code using your desired IDE
- Create branches to work on code
- Commit code to branches, merging with pull requests
- Candidates studying for the AZ-400, Azure DevOps Engineer Expert Exam
- DevOps Engineers
- DevOps Architects
- Scrum Masters
- Project Managers
February 2nd, 2022 - Updated the instructions and screenshots to reflect the latest UI
Adil is a Microsoft Certified Trainer, former Azure Engineer, and loves all things Azure. He is a certified Azure Administrator and Azure DevOps Expert and has worked for some of the biggest MSPs in the world (Cognizant, New Signature, CoreAzure). He loves to combine his two passions: cloud and teaching.
Adil specializes in Azure Infrastructure services and has a curiosity for new, in-preview services from Azure, getting his hands familiar with the content before most of the world does. Outside of work, Adil helps run a growing community of IT professionals looking to break into the cloud and regularly runs workshops and webinars.