Programming in C
C is one of the most widely-used languages for systems software and workstation application programming, largely due to its power and flexibility. This lab will provide you a highly effective, structured approach to learning the C language.
Programming skills will be enhanced as delegates will be able to use the powerful features of C to best effect and avoid errors that lead to faulty code or code that cannot be maintained. This programming lab is outstanding because of its emphasis on writing style, pitfalls to avoid, and techniques to use that make the code clear, concise, and maintainable.
The lab is comprised of reference material and lab exercises that cover each of the major areas of C. Exercises may be completed in either Windows using Visual Studio or Linux.
Upon completion of this lab you will be able to:
- Use the major elements of the C language
- Write programs using the strengths of the C language, for example, pointers
- Write and use the data structuring features of the language, which can result in better program design
- Work with the C run-time library: a major source of programmer productivity
- Spot and remedy common programming errors in C
- Write in a good C programming style
This lab is intended for:
- Programmers starting out with the C language
- Developers comfortable developing on Windows using Visual Studio or on Linux
You should possess:
- Professional programming skills
- Good working knowledge of a block-structured language, such as Basic/Visual Basic, Pascal/Modula2, Fortran, Algol or PL/1
- Familiarity with a programming environment
June 24th, 2020 - Enabled direct browser RDP connection for a streamlined experience
A world-leading tech and digital skills organization, we help many of the world’s leading companies to build their tech and digital capabilities via our range of world-class training courses, reskilling bootcamps, work-based learning programs, and apprenticeships. We also create bespoke solutions, blending elements to meet specific client needs.