- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Ready for the real environment experience?
The Python Database API Specification v2.0 -- documented in PEP 249 -- defines a common API for accessing databases with Python. Making database access with Python more consistent across different database engines.
This lab introduces some of the primary concepts of DB-API compliant database modules.
Expand your development skills by learning Python's database access standard.
Explore the DB-API standard through the built-in sqlite3 module.
At the end of this lab you'll be familiar with:
- Connection objects
- Cursor objects
- Query parameters
- Python Developers
- Familiarity with the Python runtime
- Familiarity with the Python language syntax
- Familiarity with callables
- Familiarity with classes
- Familiarity with relational databases
- Familiarity with SQL
Ben Lambert is a software engineer and was previously the lead author for DevOps and Microsoft Azure training content at Cloud Academy. His courses and learning paths covered Cloud Ecosystem technologies such as DC/OS, configuration management tools, and containers. As a software engineer, Ben’s experience includes building highly available web and mobile apps. When he’s not building software, he’s hiking, camping, or creating video games.