- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Ready for the real environment experience?
Pip is a package installer for Python which is installed by default on most modern Python installations. Pip is used to install packages from the Python Package Index, other indexes, local distributions, URLs, and source control systems.
This lab introduces some of the core concepts of pip.
Expand your development skills by learning to install Python distribution packages.
Explore how to install third-party Python modules.
At the end of this lab you'll be familiar with:
- Installing and removing Python distribution packages
- Requirement specifiers
- Requirements files
- Python Developers
- Familiarity with the Python runtime
- Familiarity with the Python language syntax
- Familiarity with modules and packages
- Familiarity with the Python Package Index
Ben Lambert is a software engineer and was previously the lead author for DevOps and Microsoft Azure training content at Cloud Academy. His courses and learning paths covered Cloud Ecosystem technologies such as DC/OS, configuration management tools, and containers. As a software engineer, Ben’s experience includes building highly available web and mobile apps. When he’s not building software, he’s hiking, camping, or creating video games.