- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
The hands-on lab is part of these learning pathsSee 1 more
Ready for the real environment experience?
Cloud Functions provide an event-driven serverless compute platform in Google's Cloud. Some of the benefits of using Cloud Functions are:
No server management
- Pay only what you use pricing model
- Event-driven triggers
This lab teaches you how to use Cloud Functions. Along the way, the lab introduces you to all of the key concepts and trade-offs that you need to understand to work effectively with Cloud Functions. The lab is performed using the Console web browser interface to Google Cloud.
Upon completion of this lab you will be able to:
- Understand key concepts in Cloud Function including functions, triggers
- Deploying an HTTP Cloud Function from the Console
- Deploying a Cloud Function that receives Google Cloud events (e.g., Cloud Pub/Sub events, Cloud Storage object change notification events).
This lab has no prerequisites.
September 2nd, 2021 - Improved function creation screenshot to emphasize the selection of the Allow unauthenticated invocations option
February 14th, 2021 - Updated screenshots to match the latest console experience
May 21st, 2019 - Added a validation Lab Step to check the work you perform in the lab
Full Stack Engineer and Hands-On Labs team member. Passionate about AWS, Google Cloud and everything about cloud technologies.