Ready for the real environment experience?
Databases are essential to organizing and understanding your data. Databases allow you to ask questions, or query your data, to find exactly what is needed. This lab is aimed at beginners who want to move beyond spreadsheets and migrate their data into a database. After completing this lab students will be able to use a MySQL Database in Google Cloud SQL, and populate it from a CSV file. Additionally, students will learn how to use basic queries against their data.
Upon completion of this lab you will be able to:
- Learn and understand Google Cloud SQL
- Utilizing Python to interact with a MySQL Database in Google Cloud SQL to ingest CSV data
- Learn how to query our newly populated database
This lab is intended for:
- Individuals starting out with databases
- Anyone interested in using Python to store and query data in a MySQL Database running in Google Cloud SQL
You should possess:
- A basic understanding of Python
Calculated Systems was founded by experts in Hadoop, Google Cloud and AWS. Calculated Systems enables code-free capture, mapping and transformation of data in the cloud based on Apache NiFi, an open source project originally developed within the NSA. Calculated Systems accelerates time to market for new innovations while maintaining data integrity. With cloud automation tools, deep industry expertise, and experience productionalizing workloads development cycles are cut down to a fraction of their normal time. The ability to quickly develop large scale data ingestion and processing decreases the risk companies face in long development cycles. Calculated Systems is one of the industry leaders in Big Data transformation and education of these complex technologies.