Ready for the real environment experience?
Microsoft 365 Defender is a suite of defense tools used to detect, prevent, investigate and respond across various surface areas in your Microsoft 365 environment. This includes endpoints, identities, email, and applications.
Attack Simulated Training in Microsoft Defender for Office 365 is a Breach and Attack Simulation (BAS) tool in the Microsoft Defender Portal that lets you test your organization's security practices with realistic and sophisticated attack scenarios. Microsoft let you run these simulations to help you find vulnerable users before a real attack can cause damage to your organization.
In this lab, you will launch a simulated phishing cyber-attack to see how sophisticated and realistic attacks work in real-world conditions.
Note: Due to this lab requiring the creation of a Microsoft 365 organization with an Admin Center, if you don't already have one you will need to provide a mobile phone number to pass the account creation process.
Upon completion of this lab, you will be able to:
- Launch a sophisticated, realistic phishing attack simulation (campaign) on your organization to identify and train vulnerable users
- Security engineers who are interested in identifying users in their organization that are vulnerable to attacks such as phishing
- Students interested in extending their SC-200 (Microsoft Security Operations Analyst Certification Exam) knowledge
Familiarity with the following is recommended:
- Microsoft 365 Admin Center
- Microsoft Defender 365 Portal
Adil is a Microsoft Certified Trainer, former Azure Engineer, and loves all things Azure. He is a certified Azure Administrator and Azure DevOps Expert and has worked for some of the biggest MSPs in the world (Cognizant, New Signature, CoreAzure). He loves to combine his two passions: cloud and teaching.
Adil specializes in Azure Infrastructure services and has a curiosity for new, in-preview services from Azure, getting his hands familiar with the content before most of the world does. Outside of work, Adil helps run a growing community of IT professionals looking to break into the cloud and regularly runs workshops and webinars.