- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Ready for the real environment experience?
Scala is one of the most emerging programming languages in the last years. It supports and allows you to code in most of the common programming paradigms, such as the OOP, and the functional. Focusing on the functional programming paradigm, Scala offers you a variety of native immutable data structures and components you can leverage to write your scripts.
The playground is a safe and secure sandbox environment for you to explore your own ideas, follow along with Cloud Academy courses, or answer your own questions all without the need to install any software on your local machine. The extended duration of this playground provides you with ample time to play to your heart's content. The goal is to be able to experiment and learn with little start time or overhead. Feel free to experiment coding with Scala in any way you see fit. Enjoy!
This lab is intended for:
- Software engineers focusing on the functional programming paradigm
- Data engineers that need to build and maintain scripts to handle large datasets
You may benefit from being familiar with Scala. The following labs cover this topic:
- Understanding Basic Scala Elements for Functional Programming
- Starting using Recursion with Scala
- Creating and Handling Classes and Hierarchies in Scala
- Introducing Generics for Classes and Functions in Scala
- Leveraging Common Scala Immutable Data Structures
- Writing and Using Higher-Order and Anonymous Functions in Scala
- Integrating Common Higher-Order Functions with the For-Expressions in Scala
- Mastering the Pattern Matching in Scala
Stefano studies Computer Science and is passionate about technology. He loves working with Cloud services and learning all the best practices for them. Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services are the cloud providers he prefers. He is a Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer. Node.js is the programming language he always uses to code. When he's not involved in studying or working, Stefano loves riding his motorbike and exploring new places.