- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Ready for the real environment experience?
Azure Service Bus is a cloud-based Publish/Subscribe messaging service from Microsoft. Messaging has many use-cases, including:
- Decoupling applications to improve reliability and scalability
- Load balancing workloads so that costs can scale with usage
- Enabling transactional operations
Azure Service Bus is serverless and managed. When using it, you don't need to worry about storing logs, handling backups, patching servers, or failover strategies. All these things are taken care of for you by Microsoft Azure.
In this hands-on lab, you will create a simple web application in NodeJS that sends and receives messages to and from an Azure Service Bus topic.
Upon completion of this beginner-level lab, you will be able to:
- Use the Azure Portal to access the primary connection string for an Azure Service Bus namespace
- Create an application that can send and receive Azure Service Bus topic messages using NodeJS
- Examine message activity for an Azure Service Bus namespace using the Azure Portal
- Candidates for the Azure Developer Associate (AZ-204) certification
- Cloud Engineers
Familiarity with the following will be beneficial but is not required:
- Azure Service Bus
- The Bash shell
The following courses and labs can be used to fulfill the prerequisites:
Andrew is a Labs Developer with previous experience in the Internet Service Provider, Audio Streaming, and CryptoCurrency industries. He has also been a DevOps Engineer and enjoys working with CI/CD and Kubernetes.
He holds multiple AWS certifications including Solutions Architect Associate and Professional.