The hands-on lab is part of these learning pathsSee 1 more
Ready for the real environment experience?
When developing applications, one of the most interesting and useful things is automation. Most of the engineers try to automate as many things as they can. One of the most automated parts is code integration and code deployment (mostly known as CI/CD). In these phases, there is a step that represents the build of your application. This is very important because after having built your application, you deploy it in one of your environments. Because of its importance, Google provides you with the possibility to use Cloud Build. Google Cloud Build is a flexible and serverless service that allows you to create your build pipelines and then use them without worrying about server infrastructure.
In this lab, you will clone a public git repository that contains a simple docker application, you will create a configuration file to define the steps of your build pipeline, and you will execute it.
Upon completion of this lab you will be able to:
- Understand how to structure a cloud build configuration
- Set the correct steps to build a docker application
- Define a cloud build step to store the docker image just built
This lab is intended for:
- Google Professional Cloud DevOps Engineers (PCDE) certification candidates
- Google Professional Machine Learning Engineers (MLE) certification candidates
- DevOps Engineers that want to create or migrate a DevOps build solution on Google Cloud
Basic Docker and Git prerequisites are preferred but not required.
Stefano studies Computer Science and is passionate about technology. He loves working with Cloud services and learning all the best practices for them. Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services are the cloud providers he prefers. He is a Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer. Node.js is the programming language he always uses to code. When he's not involved in studying or working, Stefano loves riding his motorbike and exploring new places.