Ready for the real environment experience?
This lab goes beyond the core networking products covered in the Understanding Core Azure Networking Products lab. It covers additional Azure networking products to further your understanding of the Azure networking landscape.
Azure offers many networking tools to perform a large range of functions, from serving public and private websites to allowing for high-availability, highly scalable infrastructures, to efficiently serve data to end-users around the globe.
In this lab, you will navigate the Microsoft Azure Portal and receive an introduction to networking services as provided by Azure. Each lab step will focus on a different Azure networking service. By the end of this Lab, you will have a basic grasp of different Azure networking tools as well as how and why they are used.
Upon completion of this lab you will be able to:
- Understand how to navigate to different networking services in the Azure Portal
- Demonstrate a fundamental grasp of Azure Load Balancers, Application Gateways, and CDNs provided by Azure
- Demonstrate when and why different Azure networking services are used
This lab is intended for:
- Anyone interested in a quasi-technical role using Microsoft Azure
- Anyone hoping to certify in more in-depth Azure certifications and wanting a good place to start
You should be familiar with:
- Familiarity with the Azure Portal is helpful but not required
- Basic networking principles is helpful but not required
- Some terminal / bash experience is useful but again, not required
December 27th, 2022 - Updated lab to use Cloud Academy's Hosted Terminal
Logan has been involved in software development and research since 2007 and has been in the cloud since 2012. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional, Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer, Certified Kubernetes Security Specialist (CKS), Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA), Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD), and Certified OpenStack Administrator (COA). He earned his Ph.D. studying design automation and enjoys all things tech.