Understanding Core Azure Storage Products
To build a strong foundation for using Microsoft's Azure platform you should understand some of the core storage products. The core storage products covered in this lab will play an important role in your journey with Azure. Indeed many services in Azure itself are built on top of the core storage products that you will learn about in this lab.
In this lab, you will navigate the Microsoft Azure Portal and receive an introduction to core storage products provided by Azure. Each lab step will focus on a different Azure storage product. By the end of this lab, you will have a basic grasp of core Azure storage products and understand what each is and when to use them.
Upon completion of this lab, you will be able to:
- Compare and contrast core Azure products available for blob, disk, file, and archive storage
- Create blob storage containers and blobs in Azure storage accounts
- Decide which Azure core storage product to use for common storage scenarios
This lab is intended for:
- Anyone interested in using Microsoft Azure
- Anyone aspiring to build a strong foundation of Azure knowledge to achieve Azure certifications, beginning with AZ-900: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
You should be familiar with:
- Familiarity with the Azure Portal is helpful but not required
- Familiarity with basic storage principles is helpful but not required
January 19th, 2024 - Updated screenshots and instructions to reflect the latest UI
December 11th, 2023 - Resolved the container public level access issue
July 27th, 2022 - Updated validation check to more precisely check the storage container in the specified storage account has been created
December 27th, 2021 - Updated disk storage information
December 23rd, 2021 - Updated screenshots and instructions to clarify blob upload
October 1, 2021 - Updated screenshots and grammar
April 6th, 2021 - Clarified which storage account is to be used to store blob data
November 12th, 2020 - Improved validation check function to remove the potential for false positives
May 14th, 2020 - Resolved an issue causing the blob storage container validation check to malfunction
Logan has been involved in software development and research since 2007 and has been in the cloud since 2012. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional, Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer, Certified Kubernetes Security Specialist (CKS), Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA), Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD), and Certified OpenStack Administrator (COA). He earned his Ph.D. studying design automation and enjoys all things tech.