Ready for the real environment experience?
Spring is a popular Java-based framework for developing large-scale enterprise-level applications both on and off the web. It is based on the dependency injection design pattern and allows for building decoupled applications. It has grown in popularity over the years due to this nature and the number of supported projects that are still ongoing. Spring also provides support for connection to databases using both JDBC methods and object-relational mapping libraries such as Hibernate.
Note: This lab uses Spring Tool Suite 3.
This lab starts with how to set up simple Spring projects and define beans. We then move on to web-based MVC projects. Persistence and transactions are covered, looking at both JDBC and Hibernate ORM implementations. Finally, we cover how to secure an application, including authentication methods and user roles.
The lab is taught as a series of presentations and exercises to complete. The exercises start as walkthroughs to build basic Spring projects, but by the end, free reign is given to design and write larger web applications based on a given scenario. Previous experience of using standard Java is essential, and experience of using databases and writing simple queries will also be required.
Upon completion of this lab you will be able to:
- Create a Spring project from scratch
- Define beans and autowire them as required
- Setup and develop web-based applications
- Include database access with object persistence and transaction support
- Secure their application using authentication via database method calls and how Spring Security can automatically secure against potential attacks
This lab is intended for:
- Java developers
- Those interested in Spring framework
You should possess:
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming in Java is essential
- Familiarity with basic database operations and some experience with SQL
June 24th, 2020 - Enabled direct browser RDP connection for a streamlined experience
A world-leading tech and digital skills organization, we help many of the world’s leading companies to build their tech and digital capabilities via our range of world-class training courses, reskilling bootcamps, work-based learning programs, and apprenticeships. We also create bespoke solutions, blending elements to meet specific client needs.