Ready for the real environment experience?
Azure Synapse Analytics is an integrated analytics platform that gives you the ability to gain insight into the data collected from various sources. It comes with features such as data warehousing, big data analytics, data integration, and visualization.
Data Analytics is one of the fundamental drivers of business decisions. The ability to search through the data and make critical business decisions is super powerful to make a significant impact. The ability to visualize the current analytics and do predictive analytics is possible with the Azure Synapse Spark engine pool. It also supports modern data warehousing, advanced analytics, data exploration, real-time analytics, and data ingestion from multiple sources to provide a seamless integration to connect to your data source.
In this lab, you will learn how to deploy Azure Synapse Analytics and use serverless SQL to execute queries against the data stored in a data lake storage account.
Upon completion of this intermediate-level lab, you will be able to:
- Create and manage Azure Synapse Analytics workspace
- Work with Data Lake to store data files
- Interact with Synapse Studio
- Create queries to analyze data using SQL query
- Create SQL View using Serverless SQL pool
- Candidates for Azure Data Engineer (DP-203)
- Cloud Architects
- Data Engineers
- Database Administrators
- Anyone with a need to visualize and analyze data in Azure
Familiarity with the following will be beneficial but is not required:
- Basic knowledge of Azure Storage Services
- Basic knowledge of Running SQL Queries
- Basic knowledge of AzCopy command & Azure Cloud Shell
The following courses/courses and labs can be used to fulfill the prerequisite:
Parveen is an Azure advocate with previous experience in the professional consulting services industries. He specializes in infrastructure and DevOps with a wide range of knowledge in security and access management. He is also an Azure Certified - DevOps Engineer Expert, Security Engineer, Developer Associate, Administrator Associate, CompTIA Certified - Network+, Security+, and AWS Cloud Practitioner.
Parveen enjoys writing about cloud technologies and sharing the knowledge with the community to help students upskill in the cloud.