Ready for the real environment experience?
A Regular Expression is a tool for searching, processing, and manipulating text. Regular expressions have a long history and can be found in just about every popular programming language. They are widely used, and whether you are a developer or an engineer, you should be able to recognize and work with them.
In this lab, you will see real-world scenarios for using regular expressions, be introduced to some advanced features, and you will learn how to decide whether they are a good solution for different types of problems.
Upon completion of this beginner level lab, you will be able to:
- Use regular expressions to extract data from a log file
- Use a regular expression to validate passwords and dates
- Recognize situations where regular expressions are a good solution
This lab builds upon the labs below and it is recommended to complete them before starting this lab:
- Constructing Regular Expression Character Classes
- Working with Special Characters and Anchors in Regular Expressions
Familiarity with the Python programming language will be beneficial but is not required.
The following course can be used to fulfill the prerequisite:
Andrew is a Labs Developer with previous experience in the Internet Service Provider, Audio Streaming, and CryptoCurrency industries. He has also been a DevOps Engineer and enjoys working with CI/CD and Kubernetes. He holds the AWS Certified Developer - Associate certification.