- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Ready for the real environment experience?
Kubernetes provides both ephemeral volumes that store their data only for the lifetime of the Pod, and persistent volumes that persist their data beyond the lifetime of the Pod they are mounted to. This lab explores ephemeral volumes. There are a variety of use cases for ephemeral volumes including:
- Sharing data between containers in a Pod (multi-container Pods)
- Providing read-only input configuration data to a Pod
- Temporary data caches
You will understand how Kubernetes provides ephemeral storage and understand how to utilize ephemeral storage in this lab.
This lab is valuable to anyone working with Kubernetes, but the content has been prepared considering topics described in the Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD) Exam Curriculum. Completion of the lab will help you get hands-on experience, which is essential for passing the CKAD exam.
- Utilize ephemeral volume types in Kubernetes applications
- Specify ephemeral storage requirements and limits in Pod specs
- Kubernetes admins and operators
- Application developers and DevOps engineers deploying applications in containers and using or considering Kubernetes
- This lab is recommended for Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD) examinees
- Knowledge of Kubernetes Pod Design (Pods, Deployments, Services)
- Experience with
You can complete the Kubernetes Pod Design for Application Developers lab series to satisfy the prerequisites.
Logan has been involved in software development and research since 2007 and has been in the cloud since 2012. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional, Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer, Certified Kubernetes Security Specialist (CKS), Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA), Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD), and Certified OpenStack Administrator (COA). He earned his Ph.D. studying design automation and enjoys all things tech.