- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Ready for the real environment experience?
Application Load Balancers support content-based routing and support applications that run in containers. They support a pair of industry-standard protocols (WebSocket and HTTP/2), and also provide additional visibility into the health of the target instances and containers. Websites and mobile apps, running in containers or on EC2 instances, can benefit from the use of Application Load Balancers.
Upon completion of this lab you will be able to:
- Create an Application Load Balancer
- Create Target Groups
- Associate Auto Scaling groups with Target Groups
- Register instances on Target Groups
- Configure listeners and rules
- Candidates for the AWS Solutions Architect Associate certification
- Cloud Architects
- Data Engineers
Familiarity with the following will be beneficial but is not required:
- Elastic Load Balancer (ELB)
- Auto Scaling Groups
- Amazon CloudWatch
If you need a refresher, refer to the following labs:
- Creating your first Classic Load Balancer
- Creating your first Auto Scaling group
- Launching Auto Scaling Groups behind a Classic Load Balancer
- Introduction to CloudWatch
October 12th, 2021 - Updated the screenshots and instructions to reflect the latest user-interface changes
June 10th, 2021 - Updated lab step and instruction format
June 12th, 2019 - Updated listener routing rules instructions to match the latest Console experience
January 10th, 2019 - Added a validation Lab Step to check the work you perform in the Lab
Eric Magalhães has a strong background as a Systems Engineer for both Windows and Linux systems and, currently, work as a DevOps Consultant for Embratel. Lazy by nature, he is passionate about automation and anything that can make his job painless, thus his interest in topics like coding, configuration management, containers, CI/CD and cloud computing went from a hobby to an obsession. Currently, he holds multiple AWS certifications and, as a DevOps Consultant, helps clients to understand and implement the DevOps culture in their environments, besides that, he play a key role in the company developing pieces of automation using tools such as Ansible, Chef, Packer, Jenkins and Docker.