The hands-on lab is part of these learning pathsSee 2 more
Ready for the real environment experience?
Azure Cosmos DB is a fully-managed, globally-distributed, multi-model database. Databases in Cosmos DB are enterprise-ready and highly-available offering up to 99.999% availability SLA. In this Lab, you will learn how to manage Cosmos DB using the Azure Portal and Azure CLI as you integrate Azure Functions with Cosmos DB change feed triggers to buy and sell fictitious stocks. This lab uses the SQL API in Cosmos DB to work with a document database model.
Upon completion of this lab you will be able to:
- Understand the multi-model capabilities of Cosmos DB
- Perform geo-replication and failovers in Cosmos DB
- Understand the tradeoffs involved in deciding on a concurrency model and throughput level in Cosmos DB
- Connect to and work with SQL API Cosmos DB databases using the Azure Portal
This lab is intended for:
- Prospective developers, data scientists and database engineers
- Anyone who needs the ability to store, edit and view data
- Anyone interested in full-stack, backend or website development
You should be familiar with:
- The concept of SQL and document databases
May 22nd, 2020 - Updated the lab's security policy and lab step instructions to account for an update to Azure's function app monitoring
March 24th, 2020 - Updated instructions to avoid using the free tier discount which causes deployment of the database to fail.
Matt has worked for multiple Fortune 500 companies as a DevOps Engineer and Solutions Architect. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, and an AWS Certified Solution Architect - Associate. He enjoys reading and learning new technologies.