The hands-on lab is part of this learning path
Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions: 70-535 Exam Preparation
Ready for the real environment experience?
Azure Cosmos DB is a fully-managed, globally-distributed, multi-model database. Databases in Cosmos DB are enterprise-ready and highly-available offering up to 99.999% availability SLA. In this Lab, you will learn how to manage Cosmos DB using the Azure Portal and Azure CLI as you integrate Azure Functions with Cosmos DB change feed triggers to buy and sell fictitious stocks. This Lab uses the MongoDB API in Cosmos DB to work with a document database model.
Upon completion of this Lab, you will be able to:
- Understand the multi-model capabilities of Cosmos DB
- Perform geo-replication and failovers in Cosmos DB
- Understand the tradeoffs involved in deciding on a concurrency model and throughput level in Cosmos DB
- Connect to MongoDB API Cosmos DB databases using MongoDB clients
- Trigger Azure Functions whenever a document changes in a Cosmos DB database
You should be familiar with:
- The concept of NoSQL and document databases
- MongoDB commands are beneficial, but not required
- Azure Function experience is beneficial, but not required
Before completing the Lab instructions, the environment will look as follows:
After completing the Lab instructions, the environment should look similar to:
About the Author
Logan has been involved in software development and research for over eleven years, including six years in the cloud. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, and Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA). He earned his Ph.D. studying design automation and enjoys all things tech.