- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Ready for the real environment experience?
In this lab, you will use fundamental Linux commands to work with files and directories in a Linux environment. The commands used in this lab have been covered in the Linux Fundamentals course. References to the specific lessons of the course will be provided throughout the lab steps.
The Linux command-line tools referenced in this lab are:
Upon completion of this lab, you will be able to:
- Change the permissions of files with
- Modify a text file with a built-in Linux text editor
- Move files from one directory to another with
- Create a new directory to store backup file copies with
- Those beginning to work with Linux
- Software Engineers
- DevOps Engineers
- Data Engineers
Familiarity with basic Linux commands will be beneficial. Refer to the following course to fulfill the prerequisite:
Jun is a Cloud Labs Developer with previous experience as a Software Engineer and Cloud Developer. He holds the AWS Certified Solutions Architect and DevOps Engineer Professional certifications. He also holds the AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Developer, and SysOps Administrator Associate certifications.
Jun is focused on giving back to the growing cloud community by sharing his knowledge and experience with students and creating engaging content.