- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Ready for the real environment experience?
In this lab, you will utilize while loops in two Linux shell scripts. The commands used in this lab have been covered in the While Loops course. References to the specific lessons of the course will be provided throughout the lab steps.
The expected outputs for each lab step are provided as comments in the lab script file.
Upon completion of this lab, you will be able to:
- Read each line of a file using a while loop
- Run commands a specified number of times using a while loop
- Those beginning to work with Linux
- Those looking to gain experience with basic shell scripting
- Software Engineers
- DevOps Engineers
You should be familiar with the following scripting features before attempting this lab:
- While Loops
- Shell Variables
- Vim, Nano, or Emacs
Refer to the following courses to fulfill the prerequisite:
Jun is a Cloud Labs Developer with previous experience as a Software Engineer and Cloud Developer. He holds the AWS Certified Solutions Architect and DevOps Engineer Professional certifications. He also holds the AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Developer, and SysOps Administrator Associate certifications.
Jun is focused on giving back to the growing cloud community by sharing his knowledge and experience with students and creating engaging content.