Ready to take your Java programming skills to the next level?
The Advanced Java Programming Learning Path is your one-stop guide to mastering recent Java platform updates. It contains detailed explanations of the latest programming advancements and language features introduced from Java 9 onwards. By taking this Leaning Path, you'll acquire practical guidance on how to apply many of these new features. As you progress through the Learning Path, you'll discover the key features to help you become more productive.
You will also advance your Java programming skills required to build robust, performant, scalable, and enterprise-ready applications.
This is a must do course for anyone looking to master the Java programming language!
- Deepen your knowledge of advanced features of the Java language syntax and SDK
- Be able to put into use the advanced features of the Java language to build and compile robust enterprise-grade applications
- Understand how and when to apply object-oriented principles such as abstraction, polymorphism, and inheritance, etc.
- Anyone interested in learning to program with an object orientated language.
- Software Engineers interested in advancing their Java skills
- Software Architects interested in using advanced features of Java to design and build both applications and frameworks
- Anyone interested in advanced Java application development and associated tooling
- Anyone interested in understanding the advanced areas and features of the Java SDK
- a basic understanding of the Java language
- a basic understanding of software development
- a basic understanding of the software development life cycle
The Learning Path provides over 12 hours of instructional content delivered in 8 high definition instructional video lectures, 6 Hands-on Lab exercises and a final preparation Exam. The content we cover is as follows:
Object Oriented Development
Inheritance and Polymorphism
Interfaces and Abstract Classes
Advanced Java Programming
Local-Variable Type Inference
Working with Collections
Java Module System
Learning Path Steps
This course provides a quick intro to the Advanced Java Programming learning path.
This course provides you with a deep dive into object-oriented development and how it is used and implemented within the Java language.
This lab is designed to deepen your Java object-oriented programming knowledge.
Knowledge Check: Object-Oriented Development
This training course provides you with a deep dive into generics, type inference, Lambda expressions, and functional interface development.
This lab is designed to deepen your Java Generics and Lambdas knowledge.
Knowledge Check: Programming with Java
This course provides you with a deep dive into the Java Collection API and many of the available collection implementations.
This lab is designed to deepen your Java Collections knowledge.
Knowledge Check: Working with Java Collections
This training course provides you with a deep dive into the Java Stream API.
This lab is designed to deepen your Java Streams knowledge.
Knowledge Check: Java Stream API
This training course provides you with a deep dive into the Java Module System, a new feature provided as part of Java 9.
This lab is designed to deepen your Java Module knowledge.
Knowledge Check: Java Modules System
This course provides you with a deep dive into the various JDK features for accessing different resources when developing with Java.
This lab is designed to expand your knowledge involving Java technologies like Annotations, CDI, JDBC, and JPA, which can be used to help you access and consume external resources.
Knowledge Check: Accessing Resources with Java
This lab challenge will help you confirm your knowledge of topics covered in the Advanced Java Programming learning path.
This is a wrap-up course that takes a final look at the topics covered in the Advanced Java Programming learning path.
Final Exam: Advanced Java Programming
Jeremy is the DevOps Content Lead at Cloud Academy where he specializes in developing technical training documentation for DevOps.
He has a strong background in software engineering, and has been coding with various languages, frameworks, and systems for the past 20+ years. In recent times, Jeremy has been focused on DevOps, Cloud, Security, and Machine Learning.
Jeremy holds professional certifications for both the AWS and GCP cloud platforms.