AgileSHIFT® is a (registered) Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
AgileSHIFT is an AXELOS framework aimed at providing every function of an organization with knowledge and guidance to be able to understand, engage with, and influence change by embracing agile and lean ways of working.
Agile awareness and guidance across the enterprise assists the adoption and integration of agile working practices across all business functions and aids change in a rapidly moving business environment.
AgileSHIFT is a tailorable, lightweight framework designed to support organizations to embed agile ways of working and develop a culture of agility to prepare organizations to adopt a ‘survive, compete and thrive’ mindset in an ever-changing marketplace.
The AgileSHIFT course follows the latest AXELOS syllabus and will prepare you for the AgileSHIFT examination. This qualification provides you with the knowledge you need to adopt the ethos which underpins AgileSHIFT, demonstrate why transformation is important, recognize ways of working that could be incorporated into any transformation, and be empowered to make small incremental improvements that will combine to create the wider change that your organization requires.
Please note: this content was produced in the UK and may include the use of British English.
The target audience for the AgileSHIFT qualification is any employee of an organization that intends to adopt AgileSHIFT. This includes people who will become champions of the new working practice and employees from any part of the business who will contribute to the incremental improvements that will make up the wider change the organization requires.
AgileSHIFT prepares the entire organization to adopt enterprise agility. It is suitable for everyone regardless of role, function, or seniority. Particularly suitable for those who have not been part of agile awareness or formal training sessions and need to be part of, support, or contribute to agile teams and prepare for transformational change.
There are no specific pre-requisites to study the AgileSHIFT course or for entry to the examination.
- After completing the AgileSHIFT course you will know:
- Why change is necessary in an organization for it to strive and succeed
- What agile and enterprise agility is and how it works
- What an Agile framework is and how lean ways of working are able to adopt agile ways of working
- Your role in a culture of organizational-wide agility
This Learning Path contains videos, quizzes, and other resources for nine modules, together with the associated course Introduction and mock examination. It also incorporates quizzes for you to test your knowledge as you work through the Learning Path.
We begin with an introduction to the course and what you can expect from the videos and quizzes in this Learning Path. This introduction allows you to gain further insight into:
- What AgileSHIFT is and why it benefits organizations
- The structure and components of the Learning Path; including how to use the reflective activities and case studies
- Hints and tips for getting the most out of this Learning Path
Module 1 – The Changing Context
- The impact of technology
- The nature of change in a volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous world
- The technology shift and tech-centric activities
- Disruptors – who they are and what they do
- Identifying and managing the delta
- Understanding value
Module 2 – Running and Changing the Organization
- The difference between agile, Agile, and agility
- Delivering value – run the organization and change the organization
- The advantages of being agile
- Multimodal working
Module 3 – The AgileSHIFT Framework
- Preparing for transformational change
- How the AgileSHIFT framework supports organizational transformation
- The path to value – outputs; outcomes; benefits and value
- The benefits of ongoing transformation
Module 4 – The AgileSHIFT Framework
- Organization complexity
- Working in an agile way
- Organization strategic alignment
- The role of middle management
Module 5 – AgileSHIFT Principles
- The five AgileSHIFT Principles and what they mean:
- Change will happen, so embrace it
- Focus on co-creation of customer value early and often
- Develop an environment where everybody adds value
- Challenge the status quo
- Tailor your approach
Module 6 – AgileSHIFT Practices
- The five AgileSHIFT Practices and what they mean:
- Engage stakeholders
- Build collaborative teams
- Plan to be flexible and adaptable
- Deliver iteratively and incrementally
- Measure value
Module 7 – AgileSHIFT Roles
- Effective AgileSHIFT teams
- The benefits of self-organizing teams
- Team development stages (Tuckman)
- Optimum team size for collaboration and communication
- The AgileSHIFT Coach
- The AgileSHIFT Sponsor
- The impact of technology on skills
Module 8 – AgileSHIFT Workflow
- Key stages of the workflow – the trigger, start-up, the iteration and close-out
- The AgileSHIFT Iteration in detail – iteration planning, the daily stand-up, the value demo, the iteration retrospective, and canceling an iteration
Module 9 – Tools and Techniques
- The tools and techniques used in AgileSHIFT
- An overview of project and program management
Preparing for the Examination
The final module provides guidance on the structure, format, and scoring mechanisms of the AXELOS AgileSHIFT examination and provides some hints and tips to help you succeed.
It contains a full mock examination that replicates the structure of the AgileSHIFT exam and a study guide summarizing the key learning points from the course to help you prepare.
We welcome all feedback and suggestions — please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know what you think.
Tony has over 20 years’ experience in Business Development, Business Change, Consulting, and Project/Program Management working with public, private, and third sector organizations.
He has helped organizations to design and create processes and procedures to align ways of working with corporate strategy. A highly motivated and detailed solution provider, utilizing a wide range of methods and frameworks to provide structure whilst promoting creativity and innovation.
As a confident and self-motivated professional with excellent communication skills, Tony is able to bring people together and get them working as a team quickly.
Tony is an Agile and Scrum trainer with a vast knowledge spanning IT Systems, Business Change, Program and Project Management. With excellent presentation skills and a solid background, he ensures that all clients gain maximum benefit from his training. He has successfully guided those new to the industry through their initial training, helped experienced staff as they progress in their careers, and worked at the director level advising on best use and practice, as well as tailoring courses to fulfil the exact needs of clients.