Android App Development with Kotlin - Beginner to Advanced
Kotlin is accepted by Google as an official programming language for Android. It is also the preferred language for Android app development. So if you're looking to become an Android app developer, this learning path will take you from beginner to expert in Kotlin, and prepare you to start building your own apps for Android! And even if you are simply looking to learn the Kotlin programming language, you've come to the right place!
The content in this learning path is a perfect mix of theoretical and practical content, which will go deep into the essential aspects of Kotlin and app development for Android.
- Understand the fundamentals of Kotlin
- Learn how to use the essential components of the programming language (operators, control flow statements, loops, etc.)
- Learn about the essential components of Android apps and how you can use them in your own build
- Follow along with a practical demonstration of how to build an app from scratch
- Enhance the usability of your app for users
This learning path is ideal for anyone who wants to learn how to use Kotlin for developing applications for Android.
This content will take you from a beginner to a proficient user of Kotlin and so no prior experience with the programming language is required. It would, however, be beneficial to have some development experience in general.
The project files used throughout this learning path can be found in the following GitHub repos:
Mehmet graduated from the Electrical & Electronics Engineering Department of the Turkish Military Academy in 2014 and then worked in the Turkish Armed Forces for four years. Later, he decided to become an instructor to share what he knew about programming with his students. He’s currently an Android instructor, is married, and has a daughter.