Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions
Learning Path Overview
The number of enterprises that are migrating parts of their IT infrastructure to Microsoft Azure has gone up dramatically. But it's not as simple as just "lifting and shifting" servers to Azure virtual machines. Microsoft offers cloud services to handle a wide variety of requirements, so organizations need people who understand all of the options and who can build an efficient and reliable cloud-based infrastructure. This learning path gives people the foundation they need to design all of the major elements of an Azure architecture, including compute, data, networking, security, platform services, and operations.
- Design an Azure compute infrastructure using virtual machines, serverless computing, microservices
- Design an Azure data implementation using storage, relational databases, and NoSQL datastores
- Design an Azure networking implementation using virtual networks, external connections, security strategies, and hybrid applications
- Design Azure security and identity solutions using Azure Active Directory, identity providers, Azure Key Vault, and security administration services
- Design Azure solutions by using platform services, including artificial intelligence, the Internet of Things, messaging, and media services
- Design for Azure operations using monitoring, alerting, and automation
- People who want to become Azure cloud architects
- General knowledge of IT architecture
Guy launched his first training website in 1995 and he's been helping people learn IT technologies ever since. He has been a sysadmin, instructor, sales engineer, IT manager, and entrepreneur. In his most recent venture, he founded and led a cloud-based training infrastructure company that provided virtual labs for some of the largest software vendors in the world. Guy’s passion is making complex technology easy to understand. His activities outside of work have included riding an elephant and skydiving (although not at the same time).