This Learning Path is designed to help you prepare for the Google Certified Professional Cloud Architect Exam. Even if you don't plan to take the Exam, this training content will help you gain a solid understanding of the various components of the Google Cloud Platform.
The Courses in this path cover topics from the six sections of the Exam:
Designing and planning a cloud solution architecture
Managing and provisioning solution infrastructure
Designing for security and compliance
Analyzing and optimizing technical and business processes
Ensuring solution and operations reliability
Benefits of taking this Learning Path
- Validates your skills of developing, designing, administrating, and managing solutions using Google Cloud technologies
- Results in overall improved performance and capabilities as Cloud Architect
- The Google Cloud Architect Certification Exam is intended for cloud professionals who have existing knowledge and capabilities in the GCP workspace.
- August 8, 2019 - Added "Connect to Google Compute Engine (GCE) Linux VM Instances Using SSH" lab
- August 1, 2019 - Updated and added new topics to:
- Google Cloud Platform: Fundamentals
- Google Cloud Platform: Systems Operations
- Designing a Google Cloud Infrastructure
- Managing Your Google Cloud Infrastructure
- August 1, 2019 - Added "Deploying Containerized Applications on Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE)" lab
- March 26, 2019 - Added preparation exam
- November 27, 2018 - Added 2 Google Cloud Storage labs
Learning Path Steps
This course introduces you to the fundamentals of Google Cloud Platform, including App Engine, Kubernetes Engine, Compute Engine, storage, BigQuery, Cloud Firestore, and app deployment.
This Lab introduces you to all of the key concepts and trade-offs that you need to understand to work effectively with Google Cloud Storage.
This course covers Google Cloud systems operations, providing insight and practical information across the complete set of GCP features.
Use gsutil from inside a Google Cloud Shell to work with Google Cloud Storage including using object versioning and Object Lifecycle Management in this Lab.
This course guides you through the key steps to configure a virtual private cloud (VPC) on Google Cloud Platform.
Create a Network Infrastructure with Google Virtual Private Cloud
In this Lab, you'll create a basic network infrastructure composed of a VPC, two Subnets in different regions, and two firewall rules that will filter the ingress traffic.
This course uses a case study to show how to apply the design principles of security, compliance, disaster recover to meet real-world requirements.
In this course, we’ll explore some of the ways that GKE implements a Kubernetes cluster.
Deploying Containerized Applications on Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE)
Learn how to deploy containerized applications in Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) clusters from the Cloud Console, Cloud Shell, and Marketplace in this Lab.
This hands-on tutorial teaches you monitoring, testing, managing, and troubleshooting your GCP app infrastructure.
Connect to Google Compute Engine (GCE) Linux VM Instances Using SSH
This lab will show you two methods for connecting to Linux VM instances over SSH.
In this lab challenge, you'll be given a desired end state and be required to reach it using your knowledge of Google Cloud and networking.
Google Professional Cloud Architect Certification Preparation
About the Author
Guy launched his first training website in 1995 and he's been helping people learn IT technologies ever since. He has been a sysadmin, instructor, sales engineer, IT manager, and entrepreneur. In his most recent venture, he founded and led a cloud-based training infrastructure company that provided virtual labs for some of the largest software vendors in the world. Guy’s passion is making complex technology easy to understand. His activities outside of work have included riding an elephant and skydiving (although not at the same time).