Successful DevOps implementation requires cohesive collaboration and an understanding of the tools, best practices, and processes required to build and deliver software and services at scale.
This Learning Path is a hands-on guide to DevOps adoption and implementation. It includes video courses, dedicated demo sessions to put DevOps tools into production, and five hands-on labs to apply what you’ve learned in a live Amazon Web Services (AWS) console.
- Anyone interested in adopting DevOps and related CI/CD practices
- Teams adopting DevOps and configuring CI/CD within your own environment
- Apply critical DevOps best practices, including the basics of continuous integration, continuous delivery, CALMS, and automation
- Use DevOps tools to configure effective build and deployment pipelines
- Assess existing DevOps maturity using CALMS as a conceptual framework
- Use Infrastructure as Code (IaC) to automate infrastructure provisioning
- Basic understanding of software development and related software development life cycle (SDLC) practices
- Novices to DevOps and/or CI/CD are encouraged to first complete the DevOps Fundamentals Learning Path
Learning Path Steps
Integrate static code analysis within a three-stage AWS CodePipeline CI/CD pipeline to prevent vulnerabilities from making it into production in this Lab.
Learn how to use Gauntlt for security testing and protect your code against attacks with Guantlt by embedding it into a continuous integration pipeline.
Exam: DevOps Playbook - CI/CD Tools and Services (Part 1)
Deploy a secure and highly available website with Terraform on AWS using a two-tier architecture with private and public subnets.
Perform infrastructure testing with Serverspec by writing Serverspec tests for a two-tier application, and run the tests on instances in the application tiers.
Using Amazon Alexa to Perform Voice Activated CI/CD Build and Deployments
Explore the benefits of static code analysis for infrastructure as code, specifically Terraform, and be alerted when the analysis detects an issue in this Lab.
Exam: DevOps Playbook - CI/CD Tools and Services (Part 2)
About the Author
Jeremy is the DevOps Content Lead at Cloud Academy where he specializes in developing technical training documentation for DevOps.
He has a strong background in software engineering, and has been coding with various languages, frameworks, and systems for the past 20+ years. In recent times, Jeremy has been focused on DevOps, Cloud, Security, and Machine Learning.
Jeremy holds professional certifications for both the AWS and GCP cloud platforms.