This Learning Path is designed to help you prepare for the DP-300 Administering Relational Databases on Microsoft Azure exam. Even if you don't plan to take the exam, these courses and hands-on labs will help you get started on your way to becoming an Azure SQL database specialist.
The DP-300 exam is part of Microsoft’s new role-based certification program and is required to gain the Azure Database Administrator Associate certification. Candidates who already possess either the MCSA: SQL Server 2012/2014, MCSA SQL 2016 Database Development or MCSA: SQL 2016 Database Administration certification will find DP-300 builds on your database knowledge and will certify you to administer Azure hosted SQL databases.
- Understand the differences between Azure SQL offerings and how best to leverage their features
- Implement a secure database environment
- Monitor database and server performance
- Optimize database and server performance
- Automate database tasks
- Implement high availability and disaster recovery
- Use T-SQL to perform database administration tasks
- People who want to become an Azure SQL Database administrator
- People preparing for Microsoft’s DP-300 exam
- General knowledge of Relational Database concepts
- Familiarity with Azure Data Fundamentals (DP-900)
Hallam is a software architect with over 20 years experience across a wide range of industries. He began his software career as a Delphi/Interbase disciple but changed his allegiance to Microsoft with its deep and broad ecosystem. While Hallam has designed and crafted custom software utilizing web, mobile and desktop technologies, good quality reliable data is the key to a successful solution. The challenge of quickly turning data into useful information for digestion by humans and machines has led Hallam to specialize in database design and process automation. Showing customers how leverage new technology to change and improve their business processes is one of the key drivers keeping Hallam coming back to the keyboard.