There are multiple cloud platforms, and each has its own "personality." Some of the things that make Azure a great platform are:
- The connection to the developers
- Azure provides beautifully integrated development tooling.
- Azure x-plat CLI
- Web Portal
- Cloud Shell
- Visual Studio
- Service integration
- Azure services can be used solo, but they work best when paired.
- That pairing is integrated so well that it allows you to focus on your task and not gluing services together.
- Updated docs
- Having documentation that's up-to-date is important and Azure docs tend to be well maintained.
- Ever evolving
- The cloud is not a static place and Microsoft isn't sitting still.
- Azure has been continuously evolving since day one to meet the needs of its users.
- Much more...
If you're interested in learning more, click on the first video to get started!
- April 9, 2018 - Added Learning Path Exam
Learning Path Steps
Exam: Getting Started with Azure
About the Author
Ben Lambert is the Director of Engineering and was previously the lead author for DevOps and Microsoft Azure training content at Cloud Academy. His courses and learning paths covered Cloud Ecosystem technologies such as DC/OS, configuration management tools, and containers. As a software engineer, Ben’s experience includes building highly available web and mobile apps.
When he’s not building the first platform to run and measure enterprise transformation initiatives at Cloud Academy, he’s hiking, camping, or creating video games.