Interested in automated zero effort deployments into Kubernetes - 100s of times per day? Then you should consider using GitOps!!
GitOps defines a better approach to performing Continuous Delivery in the context of a Kubernetes cluster. It does so by promoting Git as the single source of truth for declarative infrastructure and workloads.
This Learning Path will get you started with GitOps and will bring you quickly up to speed with the basic features and processes involved in a GitOps workflow. First, we introduce you to GitOps and the many benefits that it provides when it comes to automating deployments. The Learning Path then provides you with a validated hands-on lab that will walk you through the process of setting up and using GitOps. Finally, you're provided with a multichoice exam to assess the GitOps knowledge the Learning Path has provided you with.
- Learn about the principles, practices, and processes that drive a GitOps workflow
- Learn how to establish GitOps to automate and synchronize cluster state with Git Repos
- Learn how GitOps uses Git as its single source of truth
- And finally, you’ll learn and understand how to configure and enable a GitOps workflow using tools such as Helm, Tiller, and Flux
- Anyone interested in learning GitOps
- Software Developers interested in the GitOps workflow
- DevOps practitioners looking to learn how to set up, manage and maintain applications using a GitOps workflow
- A basic understanding of containers and containerization
- A basic understanding of Kubernetes - and container orchestration and scheduling
- A basic understanding of software development and the software development life cycle
- A basic understanding of Git and Git repositories
Learning Path Steps
This introductory level training course is designed to bring you quickly up to speed with the basic features and processes involved in a GitOps workflow. This course will present to you the key features and GitOps workflow theory.
Use Weave Flux and Helm to implement GitOps methodologies in an AWS-hosted Kubernetes application by using Git as a single source of truth for Kubernetes deployments.
Final Exam: GitOps
About the Author
Jeremy is the DevOps Content Lead at Cloud Academy where he specializes in developing technical training documentation for DevOps.
He has a strong background in software engineering, and has been coding with various languages, frameworks, and systems for the past 20+ years. In recent times, Jeremy has been focused on DevOps, Cloud, Security, and Machine Learning.
Jeremy holds professional certifications for both the AWS and GCP cloud platforms.