This learning path is designed to help you and your team prepare for the Google Associate Cloud Engineer exam. Even if you aren’t planning to take the exam, the courses in this learning path will provide you with a solid understanding of how to set up a cloud solution environment, how to plan, configure, and deploy a cloud solution, and how to ensure successful operation of a cloud solution built with GCP resources and services.
Candidates who pass the Associate Cloud Engineer exam will earn the Associate Cloud Engineer certification from Google.
The Associate Cloud Engineer exam tests your knowledge of several subject areas, including:
- Setting up a cloud solution environment
- Planning and configuring a cloud solution
- Deploying and implementing a cloud solution
- Ensuring successful operation of a cloud solution
- Configuring access and security
We’ll cover each of the exam sections within this learning path. Early in the learning path, we'll cover the setup of cloud projects and accounts, along with billing configuration management. We'll also tackle the installation and configuration of the command line interface.
Next, we'll dive into the Pricing Calculator and how to plan and estimate GCP product pricing. After covering the calculator, we'll get into planning and configuring GCP compute resources, data storage options, and network resources.
As you progress through this learning path, you'll learn how to deploy and implement Compute Engine resources, Google Kubernetes Engine resources, App Engine, Cloud Run, and Cloud Functions resources. You'll also learn how to deploy and implement data solutions as well as network resources. After you've learned all that, you'll learn how to deploy solutions using Cloud Marketplace and how to deploy application infrastructure using Cloud Deployment Manager.
Later on in this learning path, you'll learn how to manage GCP resources, including compute resources, Kubernetes Engine resources, App Engine resources, and Cloud Run resources. You'll also learn how to manage storage and database solutions and networking resources. We'll also get into monitoring and logging.
Rounding out this learning path, we'll cover identity and access management, service account management, and auditing for project and managed services.
- Set up a cloud solution environment using Google Cloud Platform
- Plan, setup, and configure a cloud solution using Google Cloud Platform
- Configure access and security using Google Cloud Platform
- People who want to become Google Associate Cloud Engineers
- People preparing for the Google Associate Cloud Engineer exam
- Basic understanding of Google Cloud Platform products and services
- Basic understanding of cloud concepts such as virtual machines, containers, and networking
Tom is a 25+ year veteran of the IT industry, having worked in environments as large as 40k seats and as small as 50 seats. Throughout the course of a long an interesting career, he has built an in-depth skillset that spans numerous IT disciplines. Tom has designed and architected small, large, and global IT solutions.
In addition to the Cloud Platform and Infrastructure MCSE certification, Tom also carries several other Microsoft certifications. His ability to see things from a strategic perspective allows Tom to architect solutions that closely align with business needs.
In his spare time, Tom enjoys camping, fishing, and playing poker.