If you need to maintain a Google Cloud Platform infrastructure, then this learning path is for you. Although you can set up Google Cloud to automate many operations tasks, you will still need to monitor, test, manage, and troubleshoot it over time to make sure your systems are running properly.
This learning path will first get you up-to-speed on the fundamentals of GCP and then walk you through typical maintenance tasks. You'll also see lots of hands-on demonstrations of how to perform them. You can follow along with your own GCP account to try these examples yourself.
Some of the topics covered include:
- Use Stackdriver to monitor, log, report on errors, trace, and debug
- Ensure your infrastructure can handle higher loads, failures, and cyber-attacks by performing load, resilience, and penetration tests
- Manage your data using lifecycle management and migration from outside sources
- Troubleshoot SSH errors, instance startup failures, and network traffic dropping
- August 8, 2019 - Added 2 labs:
- Working with Google Cloud Storage from the Console
- Connect to Google Compute Engine (GCE) Linux VM Instances Using SSH
- August 1, 2019 - Updated and added new topics to:
- Google Cloud Platform: Fundamentals
- Google Cloud Platform: Systems Operations
- Managing Your Google Cloud Infrastructure
- May 31, 2018 - Added Learning Path Exam
Learning Path Steps
This course introduces you to the fundamentals of Google Cloud Platform, including App Engine, Kubernetes Engine, Compute Engine, storage, BigQuery, Cloud Firestore, and app deployment.
This Lab introduces you to all of the key concepts and trade-offs that you need to understand to work effectively with Google Cloud Storage.
Create a Network Infrastructure with Google Virtual Private Cloud
In this Lab, you'll create a basic network infrastructure composed of a VPC, two Subnets in different regions, and two firewall rules that will filter the ingress traffic.
This course covers Google Cloud systems operations, providing insight and practical information across the complete set of GCP features.
Deploying Containerized Applications on Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE)
Learn how to deploy containerized applications in Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) clusters from the Cloud Console, Cloud Shell, and Marketplace in this Lab.
This hands-on tutorial teaches you monitoring, testing, managing, and troubleshooting your GCP app infrastructure.
Connect to Google Compute Engine (GCE) Linux VM Instances Using SSH
This lab will show you two methods for connecting to Linux VM instances over SSH.
Final Exam: Google Cloud Platform for System Administrators
Guy launched his first training website in 1995 and he's been helping people learn IT technologies ever since. He has been a sysadmin, instructor, sales engineer, IT manager, and entrepreneur. In his most recent venture, he founded and led a cloud-based training infrastructure company that provided virtual labs for some of the largest software vendors in the world. Guy’s passion is making complex technology easy to understand. His activities outside of work have included riding an elephant and skydiving (although not at the same time).