Internet of Things with Azure
IoT isn’t anything new, companies have been using devices to measure and quantify data for a while now. So why is it that IoT has become a buzzword in recent years?
While there’s no one answer, there are a few contributing factors.
First, there are a lot of options for devices, and they’re reasonably inexpensive. With so many options for devices it provides a lot of potential for tools and languages. Having this sort of diversity with tools and languages allows engineers to use higher level languages and prototype very quickly.
Once you have a device, you need to be able to get the data; which brings us to another contributing factor, which is internet connectivity. Internet connectivity is just about everywhere making getting data from devices easier than ever.
With the low cost of devices, and internet connectivity everywhere, you could deploy tens of thousands of devices; however supporting so many devices, especially if they’re connect simultaneously, is an infrastructural challenge. So another contributing factor is the cloud, which helps us to build highly scalable, highly available solutions.
The cloud’s benefit to IoT doesn’t end there. Major cloud vendors also offer tools for big data and machine learning. After all, what’s the point of collecting all of that data if you can’t use it to gain insights.
In this learning path we’ll take a look at how Azure can help with your IoT solutions.
From its device SDKs across multiple programming languages, to IoT Hub providing a device registry and scalable messaging infrastructure, Azure has a lot to offer.
If you’re working in the realm of IoT then you can’t ignore Azure. IoT Hub has a wonderful blend of ease-of-use and functionality. It also integrates well with other services such as Azure Functions and Stream Analytics, which extend its functionality.
- Building an Information Display Solution with Azure IoT Hub
- An introduction to an IoT solution with Azure
- Introduction to Azure IoT Hub
- An introduction to Azure IoT Hub
- Developing For The Raspberry Pi and Azure IoT Hub
- Using a Raspberry Pi to send and receive data from IoT Hub
- Processing IoT Events and Data
- How to process events and data using different Azure services
- COMING SOON - IoT Hub: A Deep Dive
- A deep dive into topics such as protocols and security
- Introduction to Azure Functions
- Like a fine wine, Azure Functions pair well with IoT Hub
- Introduction to Azure DocumentDB
- DocumentDB is another great pairing
So if you’re interested in learning more about IoT with Azure the click on the first course to get started!