Learn Linux in 5 Days and Level Up Your Career
Ready to get a comprehensive understanding of Linux and take the next step in your career? This learning path covers a wide range of Linux topics so that you can begin programming in Linux with confidence. Even if you already have some basic Linux knowledge, this learning path is a great way to brush up on those skills and build upon what you already know!
We'll start off with the fundamentals of Linux, including the directory structure, files, shell scripting and the command line, and permissions. Once you've grasped the basics we then build upon those topics by looking at more intermediate-level techniques.
Towards the end of the learning path, we will also begin looking at more advanced commands, permissions, job controls, switching between users, and installing software using RPM- and Debian-based systems.
- Learn how to install a Linux system and connect to it, whether that be on Mac or Windows, as well as how to install Linux from scratch
- Understand the fundamentals of Linux directories, permissions, shell scripting, and the command line
- Learn how to create and modify files in Linux
- Learn what wildcards are and how and when to use them
- Understand input, output, and redirection
- Implement processes and job control, and switch between users
- Install software using RPM- and Debian-based systems
- People considering the roles of Linux system administrator or engineer and need to learn the basics of Linux
- IT professionals who want to build upon or brush up on their existing Linux knowledge
- IT professionals who need some Linux knowledge to further their careers
This is a beginner-level course and so can be taken by anyone with a desire to learn about Linux!
Jason is the founder of the Linux Training Academy as well as the author of "Linux for Beginners" and "Command Line Kung Fu." He has over 20 years of professional Linux experience, having worked for industry leaders such as Hewlett-Packard, Xerox, UPS, FireEye, and Amazon.com. Nothing gives him more satisfaction than knowing he has helped thousands of IT professionals level up their careers through his many books and courses.