This learning path is designed to help you and your team prepare for the MS-100 Microsoft 365 Identity and Services exam. Even if you aren’t planning to take the exam, these courses will provide you with a solid understanding of Microsoft 365 Identity and Services. Candidates who pass the MS-100 exam will earn credit toward the Enterprise Administrator Expert certification.
The MS-100 exam tests your knowledge of four subject areas:
- Design and Implement Microsoft 365 Services
- Manage User Identity and Roles
- Manage Access and Authentication
- Plan Office 365 Workloads and Applications
We’ll cover each section within this learning path. Early in the learning path, we’ll cover the Design and Implement Microsoft 365 Services learning objective. You’ll learn how to manage domains how to plan a Microsoft 365 implementation, how to setup Microsoft 365 tenants and subscriptions, how to manage Microsoft 365 subscription and tenant health, and how to plan the migration of users and data.
As you progress through the learning path, you’ll learn how to manage user identities and roles. You'll learn how to design an identity strategy and how to manage Azure AD identities. We'll also cover the planning and management of identity synchronization by using Azure AD Connect.
Later in the learning path, you’ll learn how to manage access and authentication, how to implement and manage MFA, and how to implement access for external users of Microsoft 365 workloads.
To wrap up the learning path, you’ll learn how to plan for Office 365 workload deployment and how to plan Office 365 applications deployments.
- Learn How to Design and Implement Microsoft 365 Services such as Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, and Teams
- Manage User Identities and Roles
- Learn How to Manage User Access and User Authentication
- Plan Office 365 Workload Deployments
- Plan Office 365 Application Deployments
- People who want to become Microsoft 365 administrators and engineers
- People preparing for Microsoft’s MS-100 exam
- Basic understanding of Microsoft 365 workloads
- Basic understanding of networking, server administration, and IT fundamentals such as DNS, Active Directory, and PowerShell
Learning Path Steps
Exam Preparation: Microsoft 365 Identity and Services
About the Author
Tom is a 25+ year veteran of the IT industry, having worked in environments as large as 40k seats and as small as 50 seats. Throughout the course of a long an interesting career, he has built an in-depth skillset that spans numerous IT disciplines. Tom has designed and architected small, large, and global IT solutions.
In addition to the Cloud Platform and Infrastructure MCSE certification, Tom also carries several other Microsoft certifications. His ability to see things from a strategic perspective allows Tom to architect solutions that closely align with business needs.
In his spare time, Tom enjoys camping, fishing, and playing poker.