Node Fundamentals - Level 1
This learning path gives an introduction to Node and the NPM. While going over this learning path, you will learn about Node originating from the Chrome browser. How NPM works, and how to use it.
- What is Node.JS?
- The differences between Node.JS and Google Chome
- Learn how to execute Node in the terminal
- Learn how to initialize a Node project using NPM
- Learn how to install a third-party module using NPM
- Learn the difference between dependencies and dev dependencies
- Learn how to write and modify existing scripts in the package.json file
- Learn how to install packages from an existing package.json file
Farish has worked in the EdTech industry for over six years. He is passionate about teaching valuable coding skills to help individuals and enterprises succeed.
Previously, Farish worked at 2U Inc in two concurrent roles. Farish worked as an adjunct instructor for 2U’s full-stack boot camps at UCLA and UCR. Farish also worked as a curriculum engineer for multiple full-stack boot camp programs. As a curriculum engineer, Farish’s role was to create activities, projects, and lesson plans taught in the boot camps used by over 50 University partners. Along with these duties, Farish also created nearly 80 videos for the full-stack blended online program.
Before 2U, Farish worked at Codecademy for over four years, both as a content creator and part of the curriculum experience team.
Farish is an avid powerlifter, sushi lover, and occasional Funko collector.