Ready to take your monitoring skills to the next level?
The Prometheus learning path is the place to get your feet wet in configuring a Prometheus environment. If you're new to the monitoring tool or would like to enhance your skills by configuring an exporter, look no further. Monitoring your cloud-native environment is crucial to understanding what is going on in your services, and what isn't. By taking this learning path you'll gain exposure to the following:
This is a 'must-do' for those looking to become a monitoring star.
- Deepen your knowledge of how Prometheus collects metrics
- Understand how to configure two exporters for an Apache Webserver and a general Node collector
- Know how to configure targets for collection
- Understand how the Prometheus environment is constructed
- Understand how PromQL functions and construct basic queries
- Anyone interested in cloud-native monitoring systems
- Kubernetes Administrators
- DevOps Engineers
- Cloud Engineers
- Software Engineers building cloud-native applications
To get the most out of this learning path, you should have a basic understanding of:
- YAML Configurations
- 'Pull-based' metric systems
This learning path provides 5+ hours of instructional content delivered using both instructional video lectures and hands-on lab exercises, as well as an exam to put your skills to the test.
Jonathan Lewey is a DevOps Content Creator at Cloud Academy. With experience in the Networking and Operations of the traditional Information Technology industry, he has also lead the creation of applications for corporate integrations, and served as a Cloud Engineer supporting developer teams. Jonathan has a number of specialities including: a Cisco Certified Network Associate (R&S / Sec), an AWS Developer Associate, an AWS Solutions Architect, and is certified in Project Management.