Terraform is HashiCorp's infrastructure as code solution. With Terraform you can write declarative configuration files, view execution plans, and apply plans to realize the infrastructure declared in the configuration files. An important advantage of Terraform is that is supports over 100 resource providers including the major public and private cloud providers, such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, VMWare vSphere, OpenStack, and CloudStack. This learning path teaches you everything you need to understand about Terraform, the problems it can solve, and to how to solve your infrastructure challenges with Terraform. Upon completing the learning path, you will be able to manage infrastructure across multiple clouds using a single workflow and a single tool, Terraform.
This course is for anyone that is interested in managing infrastructure in public, private, or hybrid clouds. Some roles that fit into that category are:
- DevOps Engineers
- IT Professionals
- Cloud Engineers
This learning path prepares you to:
- Explain the infrastructure challenges that Terraform can solve
- Describe key concepts in working with Terraform
- Solve infrastructure challenges with Terraform leveraging major public and private clouds
- Manage multiple infrastructure environments with Terraform
Over 1 hour of high definition video, 5 hands-on labs, and an exam to test your Terraform knowledge.
- Some experience with or understanding of cloud infrastructure or cloud computing is required to get the most out of the course.
- Prior experience with a scripting or programming language will allow you to more easily understand the syntax of Terraform configuration files, although it is not required
All of your feedback is welcome. If you are unsure about where to start or if would like help getting started please direct any comments or questions to us at email@example.com.
May 17th, 2018 - Added a new Lab Static Analysis and Alerting for Infrastructure as Code
Logan has been involved in software development and research since 2007 and has been in the cloud since 2012. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional, Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer, Certified Kubernetes Security Specialist (CKS), Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA), Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD), and Certified OpenStack Administrator (COA). He earned his Ph.D. studying design automation and enjoys all things tech.