With the increasing complexity of the public cloud, infrastructure as code with software development practices has become the recommended way to manage the cloud. Terraform is an open-source, cloud-agnostic tool that enables Cloud and DevOps Engineers to automate and maintain infrastructure with a powerful machine-friendly but human-readable syntax. This learning path contains a series of hands-on labs that will teach you how to build infrastructure using Terraform. An IDE browser is provided in each lab to write and deploy the Terraform code. Complete the challenge at the end to validate your Terraform skills.
The learning path teaches you how to perform the following in Terraform:
- Deploy and destroy Azure infrastructure using Terraform
- Use variables to create dynamic Terraform code
- Creating conditional logic
- How to create loops to scale infrastructure
- Securely store Terraform state data
- Develop modules to create reusable infrastructure code
- Use Terragrunt to scale and enhance Terraform code
- Write tests to validate Terraform configurations
This learning path is intended for Cloud and DevOps Engineers.
You must have some experience with Azure fundamentals. If you want to familiarize yourself with Azure fundamentals, the following content is recommended before attempting the learning path:
If you have any feedback or suggestions relating to this learning path, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Luke is a Site Reliability Engineer at Microsoft. His background is infrastructure development using Terraform and in 2021 he was awarded the HashiCorp Ambassador award. He is an Azure DevOps Engineer Expert, Azure Administrator Associate, and HashiCorp Certified - Terraform Associate.