With the increasing complexity of the public cloud, infrastructure as code with software development practices has become the recommended way to manage the cloud. Terraform is an open-source, cloud-agnostic tool that enables Cloud and DevOps Engineers to automate and maintain infrastructure with a powerful machine-friendly but human-readable syntax. This learning path contains a series of hands-on labs that will teach you how to build infrastructure using Terraform. An IDE browser is provided in each lab to write and deploy the Terraform code. Complete the challenge at the end to validate your Terraform skills.
The learning path teaches you how to perform the following in Terraform:
- Deploy and destroy Google Cloud Platform (GCP) infrastructure using Terraform
- Use variables to create dynamic Terraform code
- Creating conditional logic in Terraform
- How to create loops to scale infrastructure
- Securely store Terraform state data
- Develop modules to create reusable infrastructure code
- Use Terragrunt to scale and enhance Terraform code
- Write tests to validate Terraform configurations
This learning path is intended for Cloud and DevOps Engineers.
You must have some experience with Google Cloud Platform fundamentals. If you want to familiarize yourself with GCP fundamentals, the following content is recommended before attempting the learning path:
If you have any feedback or suggestions relating to this learning path, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Jun is a Cloud Labs Developer with previous experience as a Software Engineer and Cloud Developer. He holds the AWS Certified Solutions Architect and DevOps Engineer Professional certifications. He also holds the AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Developer, and SysOps Administrator Associate certifications.
Jun is focused on giving back to the growing cloud community by sharing his knowledge and experience with students and creating engaging content.