Learning Path overview
This learning path is a complete guide to building applications using Microsoft’s popular JavasScript superset TypeScript.
The learning path starts with an overview of TypeScript, and how to get the TypeScript toolset installed. Learners will then cover simple types, looking at arrays and arguments. Learners will then work through TypeScript to look at interfaces, generics, and modules, ending the course by looking at decorators. The learning path is supported by labs, so the learner can practice TypeScript as they work through the learning path.
This learning path is aimed at all who wish to learn how to use TypeScript.
Please note: Before attending this class, delegates must have a Microsoft account (signing up for one is free).
By the end of the learning path, you will be able to:
- Use Simple Types in TypeScript
- Use Classes
- Create Interfaces
- Use Generics
- Create Modules
- Create Decorators
This learning path contains 8 courses.
Introduction to TypeScript
- To become aware of what TypeScript is
- Know how to install the TypeScript Toolset
- To understand what Simple Types are
- To know how to use Arrays
- To know how to use Tuples
- To know how to use Type Assertion
- To know how to use Inheritance in TypeScript Classes
- To know how to use Access Modifiers
- To know how to use Abstracts
- To know how to use Structural Typing
- To know how to use Function Types
- To know how to use Optionals
- To know how to use Excess Property Checks
- To know how to use Indexable Types
- To know how Interfaces work with Classes
- To know how to create Extendable Interfaces
- To know how to create Generic Functions
- To know how to create Generic Classes
- To know how to create Generic Interfaces
- To know how to export from Modules
- To know how to import from Modules
- To know how to create and bundle Modules
- To know what simple decorators and decorator factories are
- To know how to create Class Decorators
- To know how to create Method Decorators
- To know how to create Property Decorators
- To know how to create Accessor Decorators
We welcome all feedback and suggestions - please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know what you think.
Learning Path Steps
We begin with an introduction to what Typescript is.
This module will introduce you to Simple Types in Typescript. You’ll learn about Arrays, Tuples and Type Assertion, too.
This module introduces you to Classes and how to use them in TypeScript.
This module introduces you to Interfaces in TypeScript.
This module looks at Generics in Typescript, and how to create different types of generic Functions, Classes and Interfaces.
This module looks at how to use Modules in TypeScript, as well as how to import, export and create and bundle modules.
This module looks at what decorators are and how you can use them in your TypeScript applications.
This module summarises what you’ve learnt on the TypeScript Learning Path.
About the Author
QA is the UK's biggest training provider of virtual and online classes in technology, project management and leadership.