Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) ChallengePush your skills to the next level in a live environment
- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
The hands-on lab is part of these learning pathsSee 1 more
Lab challenges are hands-on labs with the gloves off. You jump into an auto-provisioned cloud environment and are given a goal to accomplish. No instructions, no hints. To pass, you'll have a limited time to demonstrate your problem-solving skills and get the checks that inspect the state of your lab environment.
Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) is a widely used storage service provided by AWS. It is extremely versatile and is a great fit for many different use cases.
People aiming to take AWS certifications should be familiar with Amazon S3 concepts and comfortable configuring buckets to achieve different outcomes.
This lab challenge assumes familiarity with the following Amazon S3 features and concepts:
- Bucket and object properties
- Bucket policies
- Static-site hosting
If you are unfamiliar with any of the above, Cloud Academy recommends completing the courses and labs mentioned in the prerequisites before attemping this lab challenge.
In this lab challenge, you will be tested on your practical ability to build out a solution in a production-like AWS environment. You are presented with a task and a set of requirements that you must fulfill to pass the challenge. This is a real environment, which means you can prove your knowledge in an applied situation, leaving behind multiple choice questions for a dynamic performance-based exam situation.
What will be assessed
- Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3)
- Candidates for the AWS Certified Developer - Associate certification
- Candidates for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate certification
- Cloud Engineers
- Using Amazon S3 Bucket Properties & Management Features to Maintain Data
- Using S3 Bucket Policies and Conditions to Restrict Specific Permissions
- Configuring a Static Website With S3 And CloudFront
Andrew is a Labs Developer with previous experience in the Internet Service Provider, Audio Streaming, and CryptoCurrency industries. He has also been a DevOps Engineer and enjoys working with CI/CD and Kubernetes.
He holds multiple AWS certifications including Solutions Architect Associate and Professional.