Amazon SNS and Amazon CloudWatch ChallengePush your skills to the next level in a live environment
- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Lab challenges are hands-on labs with the gloves off. You jump into an auto-provisioned cloud environment and are given a goal to accomplish. No instructions, no hints. To pass, you'll have a limited time to demonstrate your problem-solving skills and get the checks that inspect the state of your lab environment.
Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS) is a publish and subscribe messaging service from Amazon Web Services. It's fully managed, meaning that you don't have to provision and operate servers. Amazon SNS is widely used in AWS solutions to send notification messages.
Amazon CloudWatch is AWS's monitoring and observability service. It allows you to collect logs and create metrics and alarms from log data.
Please note, this lab requires that you have an email address where you can receive a confirmation email. Without an email account you can use, you will not be able to complete this challenge.
This hands-on lab challenge will test your practical ability to configure a solution in a production-like AWS environment. You will be presented with a task and set of requirements that you must fulfill to pass the challenge.
This is a real environment, which means you can prove your knowledge in an applied way, substituting multiple choice questions for a dynamic performance-based exam situation.
What will be assessed
- Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS)
- Amazon CloudWatch Metrics, Alarms, and Logs
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
- Candidates for the AWS Certified Security Specialty certification
- DevOps Engineers
- Cloud Architects
- Monitor Amazon CloudWatch Security Logs for failed SSH attempts (Lab)
- How to Implement & Enable Logging Across AWS Services (Course)
- Process Amazon SNS Notifications with AWS Lambda (Lab)
Andrew is a Labs Developer with previous experience in the Internet Service Provider, Audio Streaming, and CryptoCurrency industries. He has also been a DevOps Engineer and enjoys working with CI/CD and Kubernetes.
He holds multiple AWS certifications including Solutions Architect Associate and Professional.