Amazon VPC Implementation ChallengePush your skills to the next level in a live environment
The hands-on lab is part of these learning pathsSee 1 more
Lab challenges are hands-on labs with the gloves off. You jump into an auto-provisioned cloud environment and are given a goal to accomplish. No instructions, no hints. To pass, you'll have a limited time to demonstrate your problem-solving skills and get the checks that inspect the state of your lab environment.
Amazon Virtual Private Cloud is a foundational AWS offering that allows you to define isolated virtual networks to host your cloud infrastructure. Amazon VPC gives you full control over:
- Subnet creation
- Route configuration
- How your infrastructure can access the public internet
- Traffic control, with Security Groups and Network Access Control Lists (NACLs)
- Traffic logging with Flow Logs
Creating and configuring a new Amazon VPC to meet specific requirements is a task that people aiming to get AWS certified should be able to accomplish.
This lab assumes that you understand Amazon VPC features, concepts, and terminology. If you are unfamiliar with Amazon VPC, Cloud Academy recommends completing the courses mentioned in the prerequisites before attempting this lab challenge.
In this lab challenge, you will be tested on your practical ability to build out a solution in a production-like AWS environment. You are presented with a task and a set of requirements that you must fulfill to pass the challenge. This is a real environment, which means you can prove your knowledge in an applied situation, leaving behind multiple choice questions for a dynamic performance-based exam situation.
What will be assessed
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC)
- Subnetting and Routing
- Candidates for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate certification
- Network Engineers
- Cloud Architects
- Course: AWS Virtual Private Cloud: Subnets and Routing
- Course: Working with AWS Networking and Amazon VPC
- Course: How to Implement & Enable Logging Across AWS Services (Part 2 of 2)
Andrew is a Labs Developer with previous experience in the Internet Service Provider, Audio Streaming, and CryptoCurrency industries. He has also been a DevOps Engineer and enjoys working with CI/CD and Kubernetes.
He holds multiple AWS certifications including Solutions Architect Associate and Professional.