AWS Secrets Manager ChallengePush your skills to the next level in a live environment
- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Lab challenges are hands-on labs with the gloves off. You jump into an auto-provisioned cloud environment and are given a goal to accomplish. No instructions, no hints. To pass, you'll have a limited time to demonstrate your problem-solving skills and get the checks that inspect the state of your lab environment.
AWS Secrets Manager is an offering from Amazon that helps you to manage and protect sensitive information such as credentials and tokens. It's designed to make managing secret information more secure and it is easy to integrate with both other AWS services and non-cloud systems.
Knowing how to use AWS Secrets Manager with AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) and AWS Lambda will make you more effective at deploying secure systems in the public AWS cloud.
This hands-on lab challenge will test your practical ability to configure a solution in a production-like AWS environment. You will be presented with a task and set of requirements that you must fulfill to pass the challenge.
This is a real environment, which means you can prove your knowledge in an applied way, substituting multiple choice questions for a dynamic performance-based exam situation.
What will be assessed
- AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- AWS Secrets Manager
- AWS Systems Manager Parameter Store
- AWS Lambda
- Candidates for AWS certification
- DevOps Engineers
- Cloud Architects
- Using AWS Secrets Manager to Manage, Rotate, and Retrieve Secrets (Course)
- Migrating Hard-coded Secrets in AWS Lambda to AWS Secrets Manager (Lab)
- Managing Access using IAM User Groups & Roles (Course)
Andrew is a Labs Developer with previous experience in the Internet Service Provider, Audio Streaming, and CryptoCurrency industries. He has also been a DevOps Engineer and enjoys working with CI/CD and Kubernetes.
He holds multiple AWS certifications including Solutions Architect Associate and Professional.