AWS Storage Patterns ChallengePush your skills to the next level in a live environment
- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Lab challenges are hands-on labs with the gloves off. You jump into an auto-provisioned cloud environment and are given a goal to accomplish. No instructions, no hints. To pass, you'll have a limited time to demonstrate your problem-solving skills and get the checks that inspect the state of your lab environment.
AWS offers many different ways to store your data. They each have advantages and disadvantages and each one is best suited to a particular use case.
Being able to choose the best storage option to use when given a data pattern and a set of requirements is a skill anyone aiming to get AWS certified should be looking to gain.
This hands-on lab challenge will test your practical ability to choose between cost, performance, and features of different storage options in a production-like AWS environment. You will be presented with a task and set of requirements you must fulfill to pass the challenge.
This is a real environment, which means you can prove your knowledge in an applied way, substituting multiple choice questions for a dynamic performance-based exam situation.
What will be assessed
- Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3)
- Amazon EC2 Elastic Block Storage (EBS)
- Amazon Elastic File System (EFS)
- Candidates for the AWS Solutions Architect Associate certification
- Cloud Architects
- DevOps Engineers
- Data Engineers
- Introduction to Amazon S3
- Storage Fundamentals for AWS
- Using Amazon EFS to Create Elastic File Systems for Linux-Based Workloads
- Create Your First Amazon S3 Bucket
- Introduction to the Elastic File System
Andrew is a Labs Developer with previous experience in the Internet Service Provider, Audio Streaming, and CryptoCurrency industries. He has also been a DevOps Engineer and enjoys working with CI/CD and Kubernetes.
He holds multiple AWS certifications including Solutions Architect Associate and Professional.