Python and Boto3 Lab ChallengePush your skills to the next level in a live environment
- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Lab challenges are hands-on labs with the gloves off. You jump into an auto-provisioned cloud environment and are given a goal to accomplish. No instructions, no hints. To pass, you'll have a limited time to demonstrate your problem-solving skills and get the checks that inspect the state of your lab environment.
This challenge provides you with several Python programming tasks to complete from a browser-based Integrated Development Environment (IDE). Each task will allow you to demonstrate your abilities with Python and cloud libraries, particularly the AWS Python SDK (
boto3). Your solutions are checked in real-time. You can take as many attempts as you need at each task. Complete all the checks within the time limit to successfully complete the challenge.
What will be assessed
- Fundamental Python concepts and data structures
- Leveraging with Python libraries
- Writing Python code in a time-limited environment
- Python developers and those aspiring to be
- Knowledge of Python 3
- Completion of the Python for Beginners is recommended before attempting this lab challenge
Logan has been involved in software development and research since 2007 and has been in the cloud since 2012. He is an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional, Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer, Certified Kubernetes Security Specialist (CKS), Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA), Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD), and Certified OpenStack Administrator (COA). He earned his Ph.D. studying design automation and enjoys all things tech.