AWS CloudFormation Stack Update ChallengePush your skills to the next level in a live environment
- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
The hands-on lab is part of these learning paths
Lab challenges are hands-on labs with the gloves off. You jump into an auto-provisioned cloud environment and are given a goal to accomplish. No instructions, no hints. To pass, you'll have a limited time to demonstrate your problem-solving skills and get the checks that inspect the state of your lab environment.
AWS CloudFormation is an Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tool that allows for declaratively defined and easily repeatable deployments. Using AWS CloudFormation makes deployments quicker to develop and easier to work with, freeing up time to focus on other parts of your solution.
Modifying an AWS CloudFormation stack is a common task that people aiming to get AWS certified should be able to accomplish.
In this lab challenge, you will be tested on your practical ability to build out a solution in a production-like AWS environment. You are presented with a task and a set of requirements that you must fulfill to pass the challenge. This is a real environment, which means you can prove your knowledge in an applied situation, leaving behind multiple choice questions for a dynamic performance-based exam situation.
What will be assessed
- AWS CloudFormation
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC)
- AWS Elastic Computing (EC2)
- Candidates for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate certification
- DevOps Engineers
- Cloud Architects
- AWS CloudFormation: Introduction to Infrastructure as Code
- Advanced Use of AWS CloudFormation
- Hands-On CloudFormation for Deploy Scalability
Andrew is a Labs Developer with previous experience in the Internet Service Provider, Audio Streaming, and CryptoCurrency industries. He has also been a DevOps Engineer and enjoys working with CI/CD and Kubernetes.
He holds multiple AWS certifications including Solutions Architect Associate and Professional.